Sunday, September 18, 2011

6 weeks til B2B: big ride and big run

Update from last post: 155 coins.  $8.20.  Then today I went back and got $0.30. Took 20 min to get down hill. I realized I should have avoided this road so as not to go slow today.

After Altamont I went on the "Miracle Hill" route to Ceasars Head.  Then onto North Carolina and the Dupont forest,  along Crab Creek and into Flat Rock. Zirconia, Tuxedo and then down the watershed. Tigerville and home.  

97 miles. 7900 feet climbing.

Swam later in the outdoor pool. Water temp is now 74 degrees but in I went for 1500 yards. At about 7:30 pm I was really getting cold and had to stop. Soon teeth were chattering.

Oh yea on Saturday I ran about 17 miles so legs sore/not strong today. No real flare up of pain other than heels a little so I was happy.

Time to get more pop tarts.





Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment