Thursday, September 15, 2011

Aug 14 training update

Friday no training. Saturday did the 3.1 x 2 route similar to last Tuesday but a little slower. My 2nd 5K was 21.5 minutes. 
Sunday night I ran easy 3.3 miles after work. Monday slept in and then went to the pool for a 3000 yard swim in just over an hour. Feeling good with my swim endurance, but need this length or longer for training. Should have done a bike ride too, but spent time on cleaning the chain and installing a new rear tire.

Tuesday rode to Ceasars Head and back for almost 70 miles then ran 2 miles right after that. About a 4.5 hour training session. Stopped a few times. Once to pick up a cell phone (again!). It worked but battery soon died.  Will find owner someday.  Later I stopped in Blythe Shoals to read about the big rocks they are putting in the south Saluda River and the property owners against it. Www.saludariverroots.com or dot org not sure.  Of course I stayed at the CH ranger station a while to eat and get water. The 6 mile downhill was great as always. 

Tonight Wednesday, I ran after work and did 3 laps of my 5K (3.1 mile) loop. Felt good on the first lap (no asthma) and had a good time of about 24 minutes.  Did another lap at 23 minutes. So I thought: "can I push it and do it a minute faster again?".  And I did. Well 22:04. So 9.3 miles in about 1hr 10 minutes was very good for me. Better than my 1:20 result this Spring in the Green Valley 10 mile race.
Will this help me on October 29th?  I hope so.  I also hope my legs/feet don't get overuse injuries like plantar faciitis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment