Sunday, September 25, 2011

Super swimmer; 5 weeks til B2B

Just got updated on the life of and recent news of Diana Nyad. She failed again to swim from Cuba to Florida. She got stung by jelly fish and portugese man of war. She had gone 2/3 of the 100 plus miles.

Lots of good background on her on wikipedia. she has been swimming a long time and has set records for distance and speed. I have heard her on NPR reporting on the business of sports.
When I think of my recent nearly 3 mile swim it seems so tiny and insignificant. Oh yea she is 63 years old too. Such harsh conditions. Such mental fortitude. I'm inspired. Maybe someday I will punch through my current distance record swim of just over 3 miles and do a much larger swim.

My last two nights have each had 6 mile runs after my shift was over. Was going to run 9 miles last night but lightning in the distance and the sprinkles felt scared me off. I didn't feel like getting pelted with rain and in a lightning storm. My B2B is in 5 weeks so I still need some major efforts this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment