Saturday, October 1, 2011

4 weeks til B2B; heavy brick

On Wednesday after work I ran 9.3 miles at about an 8 minute pace. Felt good with the result. The next day I was sore in the knees and calves. Thursday no workout, just work. 

On Friday I did a big brick.  First, I did 3 hours on the bike. Headed southeast to Woodruff. Had a few long flat stretches on SC14 south past airport and later on SC 101 I was able to go hard (145 HR) and fast (26 mph). Many stops at lights though kept average speed down. Headwind on way back. Got 51 miles. 2000 feet vertical. Slow start that included a stop at post office. Had a 20 minute transition time after the bike. Ran about 19 miles in just under 3 hours.   I was doing 9 minute miles. My form was ugly I think. Could not really find the energy to try and run the last 5 miles faster. I tried to go harder on the last mile and may have done an 8 minute mile. Lost track. It was only 81 degrees high, but felt like 90 with the full sun. Hotter than I expected. 

My 9 mile run on Wednesday seemed to have stressed my legs out more than I would have thought and perhaps affected my run here.  

It was a darn hard workout. I was worn out after the bike and was dreading the run. Felt real slow at first few miles. Then I got into it. At mile 13 or so it got painful again. I ran along a very busy road (Reid School) and had to dodge cars alot. Bad shoulder with tall grass and lumpy bumpy. Frustrating. 

My legs hurt today, Saturday , but that is good i guess  My calves are tight and it hurts to climb stairs.  Today went for 50 minute swim.   Tonight may ride rollers for an hour with HR at 120. 

Tomorrow not sure. May just do a moderately long bike ride. Shy away from running but may do a few miles of that too. 

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment