Saturday, October 22, 2011

One week until B2B

Ive been worried in the last week or two of some small accident that would happen and ruin my race. I'm trying to be careful as always but stuff happens. Remember when in Forest Gump the guy running with Forest steps in dog doo? Shit happens.

I was at work and saw a board sticking out from a pallet with 3 nails sticking up. A real potential danger. So I wanted to bend the nails over and make it safer. Hey I will use my boot and bend them. Can you see stupid coming? That's me. A nail goes thru my boot and I feel it hit my foot. Quickly I tell myself it is ok. Think happy thoughts. I get some pliers and bend the darn nails. The nails that attacked me. Then I take off my boot and sock. Luckily there is no blood pouring out. Thank God.

Turns out it may have just penetrated a few layers of skin and it was sore for a day. It is fine now. So dumb. So lucky.

Took a 22 mile ride fast and hard on Wednesday. Rode the rollers a half hour before that to warmup actually. Thursday went and swam 2000 yards in 40 minutes with a Personal Record of 33 laps in 31'50". The 33 laps is 1650 yards and is a "pool mile".

On Friday nothing. On Saturday night I ran 6 miles at a near tempo pace or about 8:00 pace for me. Not too much but hopefully just enough training these last few days to keep the power but rest up and save energy. My knowledge of a good taper is evolving.

The forecast for Wilmington shows rain likely on Friday. Hoping Saturday is rain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment