Sunday, October 9, 2011

3 weeks til B2B

For blog2

Thursday I managed to ride about 4 miles (then 3 miles back) to the post office then to the Y to swim. Got there mid afternoon. Had 3 lanes all to myself. Got in 500 yds warmup then did 500 yds freestyle non stop in just under 10 minutes. Good for me. Practiced a new way with finger positioning.  500 brest/free combo. Then 500 free. 500 side/back combo. It got busy and at 4:30 had to join a lady in lane 2. Harder to go all out when being careful passing. She was big, slow and doing breaststroke too so a real challenge. Ended up with 3500 yards in about 1hr 20 minutes. Rode back home. 

Friday after work I was up for a long run in the context of after work runs. 3 x 3.1 miles or 9.3 total. Ran negative splits of 26, 25 and 23 minutes. Real hard the last 2 miles. 

Saturday was going to run 3 miles easy, but a problem with my toe.  My 2nd toe on left side is injured. Had a big blister under toenail after running then I tried to trim nail close and it kinda exploded. Nasty. Hope it heals ok. Been using antibiotic cream. I am dumb. 

The one (2nd toe) on right side died and reborn months ago but is ok. I get purple toenails from running.

Sunday night (Now) and I just got word from my daughter that Swen Sundberg is staying at her friends house near Greenville. He is a world class triathlete based in Germany. Trying to find out more and maybe connect. My toe should be ok for riding monday.   The Ironman Kona world tri championships were yesterday and I have been catching up on the results. Also the Rev3 Anderson race results being checked and friend Chris Giordanelli was 1st in age group 45-49. Fantastic result.

No comments:

Post a Comment