Saturday, October 15, 2011

2 weeks til B2B: tapering

So last Sunday night I was thinking I might connect with a world class triathlete. I got an email from him but it did not work out as he had to fly to Germany Monday morning. My daughter Jessica helped get me a signed photocard from him. It is like a baseball card with stats on the back. Cool.

So Monday I rode my bike Up to north of Tigerville. It was lightly drizzling but warm and roads were dry. I got on SC 11 and went over a few miles then back down to t-ville and home. It rained a little harder. Good fast ride but not too long.

Tuesday Rode bike to the Y to swim 2 miles and then a little spin on stationary bike. Got Kristen. We had Velveeta cheese dinner mix (it competes with Chicken Helper). It was good and cheesy. Rode the rollers a little for easy "miles".

Wednesday night after work ran 6 miles straight with easy start then tempo running near end. My injured toenail was fine. On Tuesday I had gotten some nail glue (super glue basically but in the nail care aisle at CVS). I glued it all up. Felt good about the pace and helps my confidence for the long run on event day.

Thursday was a rest day with only the 9 miles of walking at work today.

Friday I rode hard 23 or so miles then drove to the Y for a swim got in a mile. 1500 yards in 30 minutes helped with my confidence for my swim on event day.

Saturday. Slept in and missed any group rides (shop rides at Gusto or Carolina Tri) in the morning. Probably best for me right now so I can prepare at the eight intensity for my race but I miss the group rides. I actually got up then went with Kristen to walmart and got a fishing license. We went and fished at Lake Robinson. Donated a few lures to the lake and no bites. Later I took my bike with me as I dropped off Kristen at the Fall For Greenville. She had to work downtown at Fall For Greenville as a volunteer for a club at HS. She sold wristbands for alcohol. They expect 150,000 people to attend the event and it was very crowded!  Multiple bands on different stages food vendors, fair rides, beer and wine vendors. Etc.  All downtown blocked off.

Meanwhile after I dropped her off I rode my bike from downtown north to TR (travelers rest) and beyond. Took the SRT (swamp rabbit trail) its end. Went up to Marrieta and turned around. Came back to truck near sundown. Felt real strong and was doing 270 watts alot on the road up to Marrietta. Averaged almost 20 mph which is great with all the stop and go on the trail. Started running all around the outskirts of main street (FFG event) and tried to find Kristen. Got in almost 3 hours of bike/run. My bike and run training are scaling way back. I read it is ok to keep the swim volume up til the last week prior so Sunday I will do a long swim.

When I ran into a public Restroom tonight downtown,  a guy came in while I was going and he was talking to what I thought was a child, to wait while he went. I turned around and there was a huge rabbit on a leash!  The phrase WTF went thru my mind (sorry mom).  I asked him what kind of rabbit and he said a Flemmish something or other. Weird.

Long swim tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment