Tuesday, February 14, 2012

3 days - 3 sports

Sun night ran 3.2 miles at about 10 pm in Clinton. It was after work on a chilly night. Maybe 45 degrees-I ran in my work clothes and some old stiff running shoes. On the way back down Broad Street, a tranquil road past the town hall, I heard a huge crash. I looked back and a car slowly drifted across the road and another came to rest across the road and I could see the air bag had deployed and the front end was badly damaged. So shocking. I ran back to it but the lady got out and started phoning someone. I think she hit a parked car. Weird, I was 30 seconds from being involved. I walked toward the police station but as I got there a sherriffs car came out and turned his lights on.

Anyhow I continued on and ran almost a 10 minute pace for this run so I'm showing some improvement. Right knee hurts from somehow I slept on it funny. Ha ha? No, Boo hoo. Didn't hurt too bad to run a little.

Monday swam 1150 yards in 32 minutes. Longest swim yet in 2012 but still slow. Earlier this day i had banged my left knee hard on the bumper of my old truck so I was lucky to swim at all.

Tuesday biked for an hour. Estimate it was 13 miles. Took heavy (40 lb) Trek. Tried out the Shimano RW80 winter shoes. It was about 45 degrees and the feet were nice and warm. I have lost the bike lately so it was good to get out again.

3 days - 3 sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment