Friday, October 11, 2013

sept22 to oct6

September 22: Sunday night after 3rd day of work ran 3 miles easy pace (28 minutes). Then ran 3 miles at a fast pace (22 minutes). Then ran 2 miles easy pace for 8 miles total. Ended this 7 days [5 day (65 hours) work week} with about 11 hours of training. Sept 23 - Monday: 70 mile ride on the tri bike. Mostly rolling hills. Hard effort, but temperatures were luckily in the mid 70's so that was nice. 18.8 mph average. Later in the day swam 1000 yards. Sept 24 - Tuesday: 22 mile bike ride then a big swim of 3000 yards. Sept 25 - Wednesday:just work, it was raining anyhow. Sept 26 - Thursday: 9 mile run after work. Sept 27 - Friday: 36 mile ride then ran a 5K and did some upper body and core exercises. Sept 28 - Saturday: rode 98 miles in the mountains on my heavy Specialized bike. climbed 8000 feet. Paris Mountain, Ceasars Head, Dupont Forest, Flat Rock, Watershed, home. On the way down a big hill right before crab creek road a big van passed me and went into the other lane giving me plenty of room, but there was a small car coming at me and they freaked out and swerved into my lane then back into their lane just as the van was getting back into my lane. That was a scary situation. The van driver should have waited for a clearing or the small car should have applied their brakes. Anyhow after I got home I ran 5 miles hard/fast. I used a few calories today. Sept 29 - Sunday: Wait I woke up at 12:30 pm. I made French Toast with 6 or 7 pieces of whole wheat bread and 4 eggs and milk. Got to get some calories. Went to the Y (on my bike with panniers) and swam 100 laps or 5000 yards or 3 miles in 2 hours and 15 minutes. Take the long way home, slow and easy in Greenville for about an hour; so I biked maybe 16 miles today. This last week got in 22.5 hours of training. I think this will be my peak number. Sept 30 - Monday: ran zero miles after work. October 1 - Tuesday: Ran after work. First mile slow (10:00), 2nd mile medium (8:00), 3rd mile all out (6:12). Thought I was going to pass out at the end. My arms were hard to hold up. I walked for a few minutes to catch my breath. Then ran a mile at 9:00 pace and a 5th and final mile at 8:00 pace. October 2 - Wednesday: Rode the tri bike again late in the day. Wade Hampton to SC14 to SC 80 to SC101 south to Woodruff. I made the 25 miles to Woodruff in 1 hour and 8 minutes. Back home with 20.7 mph average. I used a water backpack thing (like a Camelback) which is not what a road biker is supposed to do but it was convenient. Went to the Y and swam a mile without stopping. Went to gym and did upper body strength training for 15 minutes. October 3 - Thursday: Mid afternoon rode the heavy bike to the Swamp Rabbit trail and changed into my running shoes. Locked up the bike at the Swamp Rabbit Cafe. Ran 8 miles (out 4 and back) at a good pace. Rehydrated and took off again. Got slower and left buttocks and hip got sore and very minor soreness in the right knee. At 16 miles i almost gave up due to the hip pain and the lateness of the day. I went and ran a half mile before I realized I left my cell phone on the picnic table next to my bike so I turned around and went back. That was it. I changed and got back on the bike and went home. 18 miles on the bike. oct 4 and 5: just work. Oct 6 - Sunday: after work and internet, etc I started to run. about a half mile into the run the pain in the left hip came back very bad and I had to stop running. For about 10 minutes i walked and stretched in a church parking lot. It was dark. I saw a deer run into the woods. Actually I had seen many deer lately run into the woods as I approached in the dark. Anyhow, I resumed running very slowly and with very small strides. the pain was minimal. I continued this way until i completed 3 miles. The pain was at bay so I did another 3 miles up Broad Street. The pain started to slowly come back as I came back to the start and it started to rain. Got 6 miles in total. The pain in my left hip is a big concern and I will have to stop or curtail the running for awhile. Only 3 weeks until B2B.

No comments:

Post a Comment