Thursday, October 24, 2013

Beach Bound

Beach Bound I'm headed to the coast (Wilmington NC) this Thursday night. Driving scenic highways at night (SC 76 & 34) May sleep soon. Don't want to wake up late Friday morning and have a long drive.  Burnt the heck out of my thumb at work Wednesday. Size of a nickel is worst area. Huge bubble blister. Very painful.  Got a glob of molten plastic on it. Not sure how to best protect it Saturday.  Fire ants maybe bit me Monday as I changed my oil. Must have been in their path. Swollen and sore. My hips hurt and my left quad is still not right. Weak and worst if I squat. Right knee pain sometimes still. Kneecap gets sticky after a long ride.  It is going to be 36 degrees Saturday morning. I have stuff to wear but it is never easy to judge what best to use. Warm up to 64 maybe during the day.  So I guess I am prepared to suffer. The run will be toughest. Hope I hold up. Will be looking forward to finishing and being able to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment