Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oct 7 thru 17: bad luck

10/7/13 - 10/18/13 Beach 2 Battleship Iron distance triathlon on Oct. 26. Only a  week away.  I am not sure what to say about my training for this period except it is not good outlook due to the dog incident and previous left hip injury.  On Tuesday October 8, I headed out for a few hours on the bike. I crested a hill and began to descend. I notice a woman walking with her dog in the road. The dog was unrestrained. I went slowly and as far away from them as possible. Then the dog, a large boxer type, charged after me , caught up to me and ran into my front wheel.  I hit the asphalt on my right side. I was badly hurt.  I will omit the details of the incident after that but I went home and treated my wounds. Went to the doctor the next day. A lot of skin missing on my hip but also elbow, hand, and shoulder. No broken bones but severe bruising.  I'm hoping it all will heal up for B2B and I think the skin will be renewed well enough. I can't swim for awhile. Went to gym and simulate swimming movements with weights.  I have been able to do some biking. My only hope of holding onto my fitness rests in my biking.  Some short runs reveal my left hip still has a lingering pain.  I am unsure if I will be able to finish the marathon at B2B. Will the pain become too much in my left hip?  Should I even try?  I will have to just wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment