Thursday, March 22, 2012

Paris in the Spring (Paris Mountain in the rain)

March 22
Biked to Paris mtn in the face of dark clouds. I needed a ride since I'd just swam alot and didn't want to run. I wanted to climb and see if I had improved over this years first attempt of 2012. 

The rain started right away and I put on a rain jacket (thanks again Andy for the Showers Pass) but was already wet. I got to CVS and began the climb. It rained until just before the summit. Weird. Anyway, I did it in just under 24 minutes. Much better than first time (27 minutes). 

Went down backside and it began to pour.  Why did I wear my sunglasses?  Went 80% down the backside and turned around. Maybe next time I will do it all. Climbed back up in heavy rain, but it was warm and no thunder. The heavy amount of pollen was no problem as well. I was very slow going down both sides to avoid sliding out like a few years ago. 

Got 23 miles and 1950 ft of climbing in 1 hour 50 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment