Thursday, March 22, 2012

March multisport madness

March 16-21
Friday 16th
Rode bike to Paris mtn and climb front side. Took 27.2 minutes. Slow, Legs hurt. Didn't want to climb anymore. Thought about going down backside, but thunder in distance and a black wall of clouds changed my plans. Went down a few tenths to see storm then climb back, ouch. 12% grade. 

Raced down front after that to avoid rain. Went home. 22 miles in all. 1 hour 50 minutes. 

Saturday 17th
Took Kristen to driving school. Went to Sports Authority- bought running shoes and swim jammers. everything 20-40% off. 
Took Allez north to Dividing Waters Rd. and back. 42 miles. 
2:50. Then swam 1000 yds in 25 minutes. 

Sunday 18th
Bike to p. o. 2.5 miles on Trek then switch to the QR. Time trial 5.2miles (6 miles total); even with 3 stop signs and two stop lights I averaged 22 mph. Later I ran (in new Saucony shoes) 4.1 mile. Moderate pace.  

Monday. 19th.  Work. Walk 18,000 steps. Rest. 

Tues march 20

After work run. Drank a can of "Rip it" energy drink I got at Fred's dept. store and used their facilities before the run. This time I took my mini-mag lite and used it well. 
I ran thru PC and a mens soccer game had just ended with Wofford. 5.1 miles total. A 9:30 pace was good, but I did not feel great. 

My legs were real sore afterwards. I guess they are still trying to recover from the big increase over the last few days. I will wait til maybe Sunday to do another run of 6-8 miles. 

Wed march 21
Rode Trek to the Y and swam 2000 yards in 47 minutes. Used paddles and fins some. 6.7 mile bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment