Saturday, November 5, 2011

More B2B thoughts; back at it

Well I emailed setup events and they corrected my bike and T1 splits. Now about 6:15 for the bike and 15 minutes for the swim to bike transition. Good to know.

Been thinking about "what if" and possibly doing the event again. It is such an expense and for what reason? I now know I can do it. I know I could have done it a little faster. So I think if I was better organized, did not make such frequent and prolonged stops. And so on.

I so not regret at all stopping to chat with my brother and encourager. It made the day special. I even had a few extra minutes to spare. Lol. I was lucky I didn't take longer on the breaks because the last 7 miles I was pushing hard.

Look at my swim and I could take 5 minutes off that. The T1 time compared to others was long. I didn't care just wanted to do it right. Yet I goofed up and said no to the rain jacket and gloves. If I was warmer I could have gone faster. Maybe do the ride 30 minutes faster. I looked at my 15 splits on my Polar heart rate monitor for the run and see where I let my heart rate drop down too low. I could have done the run maybe 20 minutes faster. Add it all up and I'm looking at 11 hours. I now know the course, the logistics, where to improve and so on.

And I also know that something unforeseen or an injury or illness right before the event could ruin it. Any number of reasons I could take longer next time. So thankful I was healthy for B2B.

Ironman Florida was today I believe. That would be another good venue. The IMFL is farther away but still in the southeast U.S. Maybe a few years out for that. There is usually a waiting list anyhow. I'm aware of some upstate people that are participating in this event and will be listening for feedback.

So I rode my bike on Wednesday for 1.4 hours and Thirsday for 1.3 hours- it was so nice and cool with pretty fall leaves. I ran 3 miles on Friday night easy after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment