Monday, November 14, 2011

Leaf Tour

Been making time lately to clean up the apartment, do crossword puzzle, play chess and work on my old truck. So much put off training for B2B. Now I'm taking smaller runs and going two days without workouts.

Friday I ran 3.8 miles. Saturday I rode up to Tigerville in the chilly morning air and joined up with a hundred or so cyclists on the Leaf Tour. Got there late and missed joining Doug Guth. Decided to try and ride fast and up to the lead group. Passed many riders. Could not catch the front though. Rode over to Table Rock area. Very beautiful scenery. The big climb and we were halfway. Met Robin Blackburn at Aunt Sue's where people had lunch. Took off some layers and started a Powerbar. I went backwards looking for Doug (he was ahead of me!) and back to the bottom of the tough climb. Took me about 6 minutes from the bridge to the summit.

Back on to SC 11 and no mans land (riding solo). Not fun. Got back to Tigerville and took of leg warmers. On way home came up on an accident involving a motorcycle. Firetruck had traffic stopped on SC 253 but I rode in the grass around it.

Home around 2:30 pm and time to eat. Did 78 miles with about 4800 feet vertical.

Sunday ran 4.2 miles pretty fast for me. Worked on truck with Kristen and chess too. Pizza, beer, donuts, blueberry pie and ice cream. Rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment