Tuesday, November 29, 2011

End of november

Last week I had a zero running week. No miles. That kinda surprises me. No running but some other outdoor good fun fishing with Kristen at Lake Robinson. We are like beginners at it. what I learned from my dad plus what Kristen learns from her friends gets us up and "running".

I had three bike rides: mon, tue and Saturday. Saturday was a big ride that left my legs shot, used up and dead! So sore. It was 80 miles with almost 5200 feet of climbing. Went with Doug up to Saluda via TR and Tubbs Mountain. Came back by lake Robinson.

Chilly morning but it warmed to mid 60's. Great day with goofy Guth. Can I call him a crack head? Maybe a cracked head is more like it. Like Humpty Dumpty, Doug had a great fall bumped his noggin hard. I am amazed he is riding so far and so strong after such a near fatal head concussion. He patiently waited on me as the ride back from Saluda got hard for me to keep going. Where did my fitness go? Doug nearly got his angel wings but he has to stay on earth so I have a ride partner. Goal for 2012: be able to keep up with Doug on our rides. :•)

Tonight went for a 5.6 mile run after work. It was 37 degrees so the gloves and sock hat were used. Felt good after I stumbled and shuffled for the first 10 minutes. I was then warmed up and fell into a good rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment