Monday, February 7, 2011

Back to the pool; 2010 summary

Well it is back to joining the YMCA or as it is now just known as "The Y". Courtesy of my employers rebate I can get 3 months worth at no cost. The pool is definitely the main attraction. When summer comes I can swim at the apartment pool.

I have gone 4 times since joining Jan. 29. I am rusty but much better than the same time last year. I really taught myself and pushed myself to a higher level last year. I wonder if I can improve over last years efforts.

Last year I swam 80 miles total. Oh yea I ran almost 650 miles and biked 3900 miles by the way. I use 1650 yards in the pool as a mile because that is what an authoritative book claims it to be.

Anyway tonight I dropped the girls off at home at 7:45 pm and then headed to the Y. I thought I might get in half an hour before they kicked me out. I got changed and showered and in the pool at 8:09 pm. There was an adult swim class (adult WAVE) going on in 3 of the 4 lanes. I might join them sometime but not sure. There is a coach that tells them what to swim. I got going and got in 20 laps by 8:40 or so. People were leaving and the WAve class ended.

I kept going. I had warmed up by then and was able to keep swimming lap after lap. 8:50 and Boone else in the pool but no one kicked me out. At 8:57 the lifeguard told me the pool was closed. I got in 37 laps overall. Good workout. I can only guess my average heart rate to be 140. I check it at the end of a lap sometimes but it goes down quickly.

Last year I recorded how fast I could swim various distances and look forward to compeating against myself. I also had a one session distance record of 110 laps. Maybe I will break that.

No comments:

Post a Comment