Monday, December 23, 2013

Mid December

So the entire month of November was a washout for exercise as I recovered from a sinus infection. Some exercise but not much.  December 7th I peddled my road bike over Paris Mountain (altamont rd.) over to Furman. As I rode up the mountain I saw many runners on the Paris Mountain road race half marathon. I strongly considered doing the 5k (a flat course) portion of this event but did not even feel fit enough for that. I parked a while at the finish line and saw some finishers, including the Messicks, and chatted with them. Shopped for running shoes in Timmons arena.  Dec 16: Rode about 1.2 hour on the seldom used mountain bike. An hour on wooded trail by apartments. Just got cleated pedals for the bike so I'm getting used to that. Wiped out a few times but only a scrape. Felt good to ride the trail. May go over to Paris Mountain State Park for even bigger trails

No comments:

Post a Comment