Thursday, November 21, 2013

Post B2B: invasion of the body snatchers

Post B2B It has been nearly 4 weeks since Beach 2 Battleship ultra distance  triathlon. It has been an even more depressed month than I had  expected. A few days after the event I went for a 10 mile bike ride and felt OK.  The next day I felt a funny feeling in my throat and headed for Minute Clinic at CVS. Prescription for yet more antibiotics filled soon after. Felt terrible for the next week or two. By three weeks I was feeling like I might be getting over the sinus infection (that spread to my lungs). I have done a 22 mile ride a few days ago and I was slow. It felt so  good to be on the bike again plus the day brought temperatures above 70 degrees. I have done so little exercise lately that my fitness has nosedived.   I have began to think of doing a run event in a month or two (or three) so I will have to get back at it. I may choose a new event since my speed will be lower than I'm capable of, just the appeal of a new venue will attract me. What I always want is a faster time. I have not done a 5k event yet so maybe that would be ideal. Been thinking of the whole next year schedule and what weekends I am off work. Miracle hill cycling challenge yet again is possible. Just thinking of it kind of brings me out of this early winter depression.  

No comments:

Post a Comment