Sunday, January 1, 2012

Macca the machine and a miracle workout machine

Blog-misc workout info I found interesting. 

I stopped in the cereal isle at the grocery. I read the Wheaties Fuel box that has Mark "macca" McCormack on it. On the back it says a typical ironman athlete swims 7 miles, bikes 225 miles and runs 48 miles in a week to prepare for the ironman Kona. It also says Macca swims 17 miles, bikes 430 and runs about 75 miles in a typical week. Wow.  

I might have hit 30 miles of running in one week but more like low 20's. I can hardly envision doing the typical Macca workout. I would have to win the lottery and be half insane to try it. 

I saw an add in in the Dupont Registry (high end cars$$) for a workout machine called a Quick Gym. It is a full body exercise contraption and it costs like $15,000.  It claims that you just use it for 4 minutes a day for a great aerobic workout. I just don't know. I looked an the Internet and found that there are places springing up in the USA where you can go and use one. Also there is a less expensive competitor (just over $11,000) to it called XLR8. 

Again, after winning Powerball I will buy a red Ferrari Italia 458 and a quick gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment