Saturday, January 7, 2012

I CAN run

Been doing short runs most days lately.  3 to 3.5 mile runs.  Today I ran a 3.3 mile loop from my apartment but it was different.  Yesterday as I ran the same loop i saw many aluminum cans on the shoulder.   Today I went with several grocery bags and picked up all the cans. This is along the busy Reid School Road.  bout 1 mile in I had to leave a full bag to come back for with the truck.  Also I found four full cans of beer. A few were in the split open box.  Busch lite or something.  what are people doing out there?  anyhow I got the next mile in and had another full bag.  I had doubled back and left the bags together.  on to the last mile with one bag.

On the way I found a pair of slip joint pliers.  Also found a very small weighing scales, electronic, with no batteries and no battery cover.  It measures 0.1grams up to 600 grams.  Yes, I suspect it is drug trafficking related.

Got home with a 3rd full bag and had smelled enough beer and got enough of it splattered on me for one day.

I went back and picked up the other bags with the truck.

It took 8 minutes to do the 3.3 miles.  good workout and got about 3 pounds of aluminum.

The scales work.  I took a new penny and weighed it.  I knew it should be 2.5 grams.  then I took a pre 1983 penny and it weighed 3.0 grams.  It is 95% copper whereas the post 1983 pennies are like 95% zinc with copper cladding.  The scientist in me loves little details and tools like this.  I can weigh some bike components now. ha.

anyone want some beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment