Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lake Logan Triathlon part 1

Lake Logan Triathlon part 1 Lake Logan Multi-sports Festival.  Saturday - August 2, 2014.  "half" distance triathlon 1.2 mile swim, 52 mile bike, 13.1 mile run.  The usual half distance would have a 56 mile bike; this does not bother me at all. It is close enough, plus this is a very hilly course I believe.  The water temp. I heard someone say was 62 degrees. Wearing a wetsuit is mandatory. I hope my head stays warm enough. Should have brought extra silicone cap but forgot it. I am a weak swimmer so I hope to survive this leg.  My wave starts at 7:20 am.  Drove up the scenic way on US 276 up Caesars Head, Brevard, then up to and on the Blue Ridge Parkway over and down route 215. Extremely mountainous. Took 2.5 hours to go 87 miles.  I have never done a event here so it is all new to me. It is so beautiful here. Big mountain lake The weather is forecast for 40% chance of rain. It was raining all Thursday in Greenville. Friday all cloudy and unseasonably cool.  In Waynesville NC overnight.    The low is forecast at 61 degrees.  So I brought arm and leg warmers and a rain jacket.  Hope it does not rain. Brought extra socks too.  yes I am going to take the time to put on socks. Actually, I bought a pair of yellow Sock Guy socks for only $2 at the event Friday. I should buy more. they had old event T-shirts for only $3 but I didn't buy any. I have lots and they were from NC events I haven't done.  Anyhow if it rains and my feet are wet that will be miserable.  Friday night wasn't in bed til midnight. Woke several times before I finally got up at 4 am to check the time. Decided to drive to the site. Got there about 5 am. Ate a bagel with some PB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment