Sunday, July 1, 2012

Late JUNE

Late JUNE Late JUNE 6/26. After work. Went and bought a 16 oz Rockstar energy drink and waited for it's  effects. I was real tired but needed to drive home and possibly run.  After an hour of catnaps I was feeling peppy. But I didn't run. 3 days "rest". Read more about Diana Nyad. Extraordinary endurance athlete with an extreme dream.  6/27 swam almost 2500 yds in an hour in a crowded pool. Got a sunburn too. Strength train.  Later 32 mile ride with Gusto bike shop group. New (to me) route thru Greer, toward Duncan/BMW. Went all out trying to catch lead group at one point, but failed.  6/28. Great 28 mile ride with Kristen on SRT this morning (cool). Her longest ride ever I think. Went on new trail section by Greenville Tech.  Then later I ran 6 miles in high heat and my heart could barely take it. Heart rate kept hitting 165 to 170. At 4 miles in I had to start walking every minute or two. Last mile i was actually surprised it was only 12 to 13 minutes.  I should have only done 3 or 4 miles. Need alot of recovery on this. A quart of Gatorade after then a medium thingy from Sno-Hut helped. Heart rate did not want to come down afterwards.  "Badwater ultramarathon 135" race training. Can't understand how they train for and compete that thing. Unreal.  6/29. Got up to 105 degrees at least at work. Felt the effects of the run in the morning but drank and ate my way out of problems. Ok later in the day. No exercise tonight. Maybe some Saturday evening.  6/30 after work it was mid 90s so I went on Internet awhile. Then at sunset began a run. 3 mile loop at low 90s.  Got back to truck and Was dripping sweat. Drank 22 oz of Powerade. Then went and ran 2 more miles. Went and bought 64 oz chocolate milk. Drank 2/3 of it. Heart worked normally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment