Monday, August 29, 2011

Swim in the sun

Today got a late start as usual. Got in the apartment pool at 2:15 pm and started a long swim. It would be a long swim to see how I felt afterwards and get in the endurance, time and speed not a factor. It was sunny and mid to upper 80's. No problem from hurricane Irene as many along the east coast suffered.

So I wound up doing 80 round trips or 4000 yards/2.4 miles. This is the same distance as in a full/ultra distance triathlon. With several bathroom stops, drink stops, equipment changes, dealing with the cross pool rope etc it took til 3:55 pm. I would guess it was 1:40 or less of actual swimming. In the real event I would not be stopping much if any. I hope to be able to have a race time not too far from 1:20. Maybe I should set aside one day to do a race simulation non stop timed effort.

I found out the the local YMCA will have no joining fee in September so that when the apartment closes it's pool soon (manager couldn't give me a date) I will be able to still swimn. Then after the B2B event I can cancel again to save money.

I went for a 12 mile ride afterwards - not pushing it just going for a little spin. Might go for a run tonight. Only got 8 hours of training in last week. Need a long bike ride tomorrow. I need a week in the mid to upper teens hours this week of training.

Only 9 weeks until the B2B event. Hope my training is on track, but I have no exact plan as many people do. I had Joe Freils Ultimate triathlon trainying bible book as a guide but turned it back to the library. Maybe I will go check it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment