Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Long run to Peace bridge

All night Sunday I felt I could or would to for a rather long run. I had not done much hard training on the weekend so I felt I had alot of energy stored up. Finally at 2 am I got out the door and was headed down Wade Hampton toward downtown. I was at least ready to hot the Handlebar and back for 13.5 miles. Along the way there were 4 police cars with their lights on at one spot. I ran past but saw no real problem or situation. I later found out that a hit and run had happened there. Also much later they caught the driver.

Anyway as I got to the handlebar in 57 minutes in the mid 60's temps. Feeling good like I might go to the main library. That would be a few more miles. Instead when I got to Main Street I headed downtown. It was a runners high as I ran past all the stores and hotels lit up. I was also using the iPod nano and listening to some upbeat tunes. I headed to the Peace Bridge and went over it for a strange, lonely view of the falls but feeling good.

Headed back up main street and toward home. The pace dropped to 9 or 9.5 min per mile. I did not care. Just wanted a long run. The heart rate was low the majority of the way. In the 130's. Picked up the water bottle I had left at mile 5 on the way back. Finished a Bonk Breaker energy bar. Got home at 5 am with 2:30 run time for about 17 miles. Legs felt ok but the knees were beginning to hurt.

Am I headed toward a marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment