Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Springtime emerges

This is my first blog. Not sure about this whole thing but here it goes.
Had a good ride Tuesday 3/9/110, but off to a late start after noon. I wanted to do a 70 to 80 mile ride but not enough time. The temps were in the low 70's. I rode over to Paris Mountain and climbed the front side in a easy 22 minutes. I think I saw Rob Dempsey along with some guys in college of Charlseton kits. I rode over to the Swamp Rabbit trail and got on going north. It is getting better. In downtown T.R. they are working on it now. Got on 276 north and I might have seen George H but not sure. Stars ands stripes jersey but the white bike had a red downtube so not sure. Headed up and decided to go to Jones Gap State Park. The river road leading up to it was so beautiful with the rocky river flowing just beside. Got there and just stared into the river as it flowed. Looked at the trail maps and thought it would be a good workout to hike these trails.
Headed home and went thru Cleveland then onto SC 11. Tok that to Chinquapin where I turned south and fdound some tools at the roadside. Headed into Tigerville and ate something. A guy on a mountain bike blew by me as I was finishing. It took me a couple miles to pass him. He was strong. Headed home and past Ron Neal I would later find out. Got in 63 miles. A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment