Saturday, August 8, 2015

Inactive

Lately I have been inactive. Working on a project or two that, in years past, have been pushed back due to triathlon or cycling training taking priority. No events at all in sight. A year of no triathlons at all will be a change. No worries. I have to go almost cold turkey to get back to the projects. I should do a basic 30 minute run 2 or 3 times a week and a 20 mile bike ride now and then and I will get that going as soon as I make progress on the key project. Also in late July my lower back began giving me severe pain; barely got thru my job. Saw chiropractor and MD finally after about 10 days of it. 2-3 weeks and it has subsided. X-rays show I may have some "osteo" conditions that have developed. Need to build up my core. Always inconsistent on doing strength training there. Also flexibility is bad so stretching and yoga needed also. Think maybe a short run I did helped to relieve the back pain. That and the muscle relaxants. Before the back pain and the projects, was progressing well in my running and thought that a marathon this year would be good. Of course would want to get a Personal Record or even qualify for Boston marathon. Put those thoughts on ice. Did my nearly annual Miracle Hill Cycling Challenge century June 6th. Went slow due to light training and waited up for even slower riders that day and finished near the rear. Was really hurting in the end, but I never stopped pedaling and made it! Blessed as always to do this event. Going into Brevard this year was very cool! Met old friends and made new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment