Sunday, September 8, 2013

After Langley Pond Tri

Blog update 9/8/13 Been trying to recover from Langley Pond international triathlon 8/31 and also ramp up for B2B late October.  Langley was down by Augusta, GA so I tried to see the Masters course while I was down there, but it is well hidden. Saw some of the downtown. There is a nice trail called the Greenway in North Augusta, SC that I may try if I ever get back down there.  After my event I went to a trail system in or near Aiken. Called Hitchcock Woods or Cathedral Arch Trail.  I was considering running long, but due to a hard race and high heat I only ran 3 miles. More for horses those trails but very serene woods.  So anyway the tri went pretty well overall and I came in ahead of my 2011 time (same course) and got third place in my age group. My first ever podium finish so to speak.  Increasing long runs. I got in a 16 miler a few days ago (Thursday) on the swamp rabbit trail in 90 degree heat. Biked there and back for 19 miles as well. I was stretched to my limit on last two miles of run. Off Friday, Saturday I ran 3 miles easy, and tonight Sunday I ran a moderate 7 miles with a few bursts.   I plan on running 18 miles in about 10 days if I am up to it. A strange spasm in my left quad muscle won't go away. It started after the tri. Not severe or frequent, but I am very concerned about it. Never had such a condition. It really only shows up after I do a deep knee bend or climb stairs with a load.  Need some big rides soon like 80 - 100 miles.  Try for that tomorrow. Also need to get in the pool. Some long hours of training ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment