Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Veg

April 22 Vegetables are good for you.  So today I went to the orthopedic doctor for my right knee. It has been very bad the last 3 days. I barely made it thru work this weekend. Sore and swollen. Took X-rays (nothing bad seen). Doc shot some cortisone into the knee.  Synovosis (??) I guess was the diagnosis. See doc in two weeks.  It is such a nice day and after the appointment I just sat in the truck and vegetated. Watched squirrels playing, listen to the radio. Read. Ate some snacks. Drove to the Y but then just sat and figured out my mpg for the last few months. Read some more. Listened to the radio.  I came to the Y to swim, but this vedging thing is nice. But I need to exercise some. Heck I signed up to do a century early June. I could just be a volunteer.  I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I am grateful to be able to walk, that I got into see the doc on short notice, that I can swim. Thankful I don't have arthritis (yet).  I could go on.  I guess Kobi Bryant was tweeting recently how down and out he is. He can't play basketball. He is bummed and worried he may have to retire. He has a few dollars that may get him by.  Over 3 hours after I was done at the Dr. I guess I will step out and head into the pool. But I'm not excited about it. Not one bit. Yawn. I want to take a nap. Vegetables are good for you, but being one is nice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment