Monday, May 14, 2012

Early-mid May workouts

5/7 Monday. Did a time trial on a familiar route of 22 miles/1300 feet vertical. Took 1 hour 6 minutes. Real hard effort.  5/8/12 8:18 pm run to Taylors Elementary and do 4 laps on their mini track. Back to mailbox and get email. Easy .35 home. 2+ .6 + .7 = 3.3 miles. 33 min; 132 ave, 148 max heart rate.  5/9. Ran 6.5 miles after work.  5/10 just work. Drive home.  5/11 Friday: worked on the bike (more flats, seat change, remove clipon aerobars) ran a bit but the big effort was swam 2900 yards in about an hour at outdoor pool.  It was a cool day and my hands got numb. Shivering cold when I quit. A young guy poolside was like "dude - how far have you swam??" in a manner of disbelief at my seriousness you might say.  5/12 Saturday. 7:35 am   Rode down to Carolina Triathlon shop and joined a couple dozen riders for about 50 miles.  Wet roads and dark clouds, but no real rain.  Discussed tubular tires with owner Randy. Met a few new people. Then with 4 miracle hill riders to do Paris Mtn (15.3 minutes backside) and back to the shop. Oh, Doug was fastest on the climb with 14.5 minutes or so.  Went the with Doug awhile to the southeast. Split off when I thought it might rain soon. Did 77 miles and 4600 feet of climbing.  After about 20 minutes at home (transition), went for a 4 mile run. 6 hours total today. Time for a movie and a pizza.  5/13 Sunday.  It was lightly raining at about 1 pm when I started my run. I ran a different way than normal, but I think I've done it before. I headed down to Wade Hampton (US 29) and headed toward Greer. Huge nice shoulder on this section. Ran past the Target, home Depot and all the other stores and turned around at SC 290 or the Taco Bell. It was raining steady but still light. I ran about 7 miles at a 9:15 pace. Junk miles? Soggy shoes!  Time to watch a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment