Friday, April 22, 2011

Progress

Over the last few weeks or more I have been on the road to recovery. I had an illness for about a month. I have been swimming and running a few times a week. I'm getting in longer rides too. I recently did the Ceasars Head climb. It took about 44 minutes to do the nearly 6 mile climb. That along with some 15 to 16 minute climbs of Paris mountain (backside) I am regaining my fitness.

I have seen my swimming speed increase steadily as the need to rest between laps decreases. I did a 6.6 mile run in a hour which is good for me.

I had a wonderful ride this week with my daughter Kristen on the Swamp Rabbit Trail from Furman to reedy river falls downtown and back. It was a warm Spring day and good stuff was seen.

I ponder what events to do and what goals to have. The main goal is to keep having fun with others as we sweat it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment